Michael and Elizabeth Hargleroad/Harcleroad had 13 children, 10 of whom lived to adulthood and are pictured here. Most of them married and raised their families in Adams County, Nebraska. Their son, William Brownlee Gabby Hargleroad (1863-1945) is our direct ancestor.
Michael E. Hargleroad, 1824-1904,
father, our direct ancestor
Emigrated from Chambersburg, PA to Huntington, IN in 1874 then to Holstein, Nebraska in 1875
Elizabeth Brough Hargleroad, 1834-1882, mother, our direct ancestor, wife of Michael.
Married just before her 16th birthday, mother of 13 children (10 lived to adulthood).
1. Mary Catherine (Kate) Hargleroad Coover, 1851-1908
Kate and George Coover were already married when her parents went west. They stayed in Chambersburg, PA and raised their family.
2. Christian Peter Hargleroad, 1852-1915
Married Mary Evans, in Adams Co., Nebraska and they raised their family there.
3. Michael Andrew Hargleroad, 1854-1920
Married Sarah Connely, in Adams Co. Nebraska and raised their family there.
4. Susannah (Sue) Hargleroad Hoffield, 1856-1812
Met and married Augustus Hoffield in Adams Co., Nebraska and they raised their family there.
5. John Camarah Hargleroad,1857-1932
Married Addie Prindle in Hastings, Nebraska
6. Sarah (Sadie) Jane Hargleroad Martin, 1859-1942
Married Solomon Martin in Holstein, Nebraska, later moved to Mankato, Kansas
7. William Brownlee Gabby Hargleroad, 1824-1904, our direct ancestor.
Met and married Magdalena Blank in Adams county, Nebraska, where they raised their family.
8. Elizabeth (Lilly) Belle Hargleroad Evans, 1865-1937
Married Jacob Evans in Hastings, Nebraska, and later moved to Los Angeles.
9. Francis (Frank) Etter Hargleroad, 1867-1927
Married Serepta Monroe in Holstein, Nebraska
10. Harvey Bruce Hargleroad, 1869-1933
Married Barbara Alice Spindler in Hastings, Nebraska.
Christian, Michael A., John, William, Frank, Harvey